What we are looking for:
We are seeking an outstanding individual to become our Directory of Technology Education at the elementary level of our charter school in the 2018-19 school year. We currently outsource all things technology from procurement to set-up, help desk, server and network maintenance, etc. As we expand, we would like to continue to outsource this function while adding an in-house education technology specialist. As our school continues to grow, we are in need an individual who has a strong set of both classroom and technology experiences and is committed, passionate, dedicated, and relentless about changing lives. This is hard work – the weak-willed, fainthearted, and pusillanimous need not apply!
Duties and Responsibilities:
The Director of Technology Education is responsible for the educational technology environment at Moving Everest. We are a blended learning school with chromebooks, ipads, SMART technology, three computer labs and more and we need someone to lead this area of our growing school. You will provide programmatic leadership to an organization of 500+ users that will grow to 810 at this campus and will include additional schools in the future.
Specific duties include but are not limited to:
- Hands on leadership for staff and students of all software programs (Lexia, ST Math, MyOn, Reading Eggs, STEP, NWEA MAP, iXL).
- Create, lead and teach a coding program
- Support new technology rollouts
- Supervise and lead three computer labs and two additional lab teachers.
- Trouble-shooting technology issues in real time for teachers and staff members (e.g. LCD Projectors, laptops, student-facing computers, tech accessories, etc.) and serve as the liaison with our outsourced tech dept.
- Support the administration of online assessments, including support of physical set-up, required documentation, and data support.
- Supporting use of technology for special events such as assemblies, pep rallies, and other events with specific A/V requirements.
- Supporting data management needs for student-facing and teacher-facing software programs and assessment services, as needed.
- Participate in the development of an innovative vision for educational technology aligned with the mission and curriculum of the school and in concert with our Directors of Instruction.
- Participate in the specification, procurement, installation, and maintenance of all ed tech equipment. Including deploying, tracking, and collecting hardware to and from users, periodic inventory audits and coordinating all maintenance issues.
- Expand and promote the effective use of technology in academic programs.
- Maintain standards for appropriate use of technology for faculty and students (AUP).
- Experience with a range of software, hardware, and operations systems (Windows, Mac, IOS).
- Ability to communicate with users effectively and display good interpersonal skills with both adults and scholars. It is critical that you are able to effectively communicate with colleagues and with students!
- Vision for a personalized learning environment that effectively utilizes technology
- Excellent troubleshooting skills with the ability to diagnose and research solutions
- Ability to prioritize and work on multiple tasks
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to work with other technical personnel for collaborative problem solving
Education and Experience:
- College degree
- Relevant certifications a plus
- School based experience preferred